My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Australia

writer, actor, poseur

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Various Vicissitudes Aside...

Hello again all! Yes, I have been away too long, I know, I know. Please, as The Kinks say, stop your sobbing. … Oh, you mean to say you’re not crying because I was … oh, I see, well, then, rest assured I shan’t be staying long. Fine!

(He-he, and a jolly good laugh was had by all over that cute opener.)

But, seriously, this is just a quick ‘pop-in’ post to assure you all that I still breath here in this virtual gutter.

The main reason it has taken me so long to post again is that I’ve been wanting to compose a little paragraph or so in tribute to Kurt Vonnegut, who recently passed away, as you doubtless are all aware. I’ve been busy with uni. shit and dealing with the various vicissitudes of my body and mind, and once again I find my feet lagging behind the days on the calendar.

Anyways, I shall produce that post real soon, and then onwards and beyond unto the realms of more musings and illiteracy from the bilious gut, er, of the Idyller.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and darting for trams of which I caught a glimpse of you doing the other day.

Rupert

3:03 pm  
Blogger DS said...

Vicissitudes. Very sorry to invade your blog in such a nerd like fashion but that word does it for me every time. Ah, the vicissitudes of life remain unmeasurable despite reasoning's best efforts.

3:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kurt departing us is a very said event for those of us left in his absence. I think he is at peace and that thought makes me happy. I look forward to reading your up coming Kurt post.

12:48 pm  
Blogger S. Gregory said...

R: I admit it, sometimes I dart. Sometimes I bow, but mainly to myself in the mirror. Also, "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho

DS: No apology required. I'm a nerdish creature myself. Thanks for popping in.

S: Thank-you for your thoughts on the passing of Kurt. My up-coming post is still that!

10:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home